– Just started Fredric Jameson’s Postmodernism Or, The Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism and then thought it was lost but it turns out a friend has it. In celebration, here’s Jameson in the New Left Review with his piece “Marx and Montage.”
– Race, Hair, Youtube?
– A great consequence of what I really want to start referring to as “Gatesgate” is that writers who have always harbored anti-cop sentiment get to write about it. Christopher Hitchens does not like police officers.
– Also, Ishmael Reed doesn’t like Gates much more than he likes cops.
– And wonder what that beer conversation is going to sound like?
– Do black covers do worse than white covers?